15 October 2016

fountain pens currently in use


I've cut down on the number of my fountain pens that are inked up at the moment. Thought I would draw them for Inktober, each drawn with itself in the current ink color, and add watercolor --- but three of them are water-soluble inks and would make a mess in watercolor, so I left it as an ink drawing.

The tall Lamy Joy once again has its 1.1 calligraphy nib, and I found that I could store the next larger size calligraphy nib inside its long barrel. So when I want bolder text (like the upper right headline) I can easily switch them with a bit of paper towel to keep the mess down.

The J. Herbin Lie de The ink is actually more of a warm golden brown; I was surprised that it looks like a rich, almost chocolate brown in the photo. But the early morning light on our patio is a bit blue this morning, which affects the color quality of my sketchbook.

4 comments:

  1. That is a smart idea for nib storage, to keep them from getting separated or lost. The Ohio Pen Show is coming here in a few weeks. Do I need another pen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally I keep extra nib's, cartridges, etc. in an old wooden chest in my cabin loft (aka, my "studio"), but this is handy for when I'm away from home. It only works with the elongated Joy design.
      Wish we had a pen shop or pen show near us! On the other hand, my husband (and budget) are glad we don't.

      Delete
  2. Hi Vicky! Your pages are so organised and clean, that they act like they were printed... you must be a very tidy person. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me?!? Tidy? You should see the dust and cobwebs I finally cleaned away yesterday!

      I'm just a bit too fussy about having nice sketchbook pages. I keep thinking that if I do this long enough, I will learn to lighten up and get messier.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...