22 June 2015

a bit of lichen


With so much excess rain we not only see fewer mushrooms --- there seems to be less lichen and moss. Which seems curious to me. Fewer dragonflies, with their normal habitat under the flooded lake, but we are seeing a few of them return now. Which is lovely since they eat mosquitoes.

Yesterday was Virtual Sketchcrawl Day and I had planned on going out to sketch something "urban". But we were busy getting ready for another road trip so I only managed to draw this bit of lichen.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Vicky, your lichens are always nice, and here I love the variety of depth of the shadows you did around it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jana. The light was coming from two different sources and I wasn't sure how that would translate in a sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...