17 June 2014

painting with Jayna

Granddaughter Jayna is visiting us this week. Tuesday afternoon was too hot and humid to spend much time outside. (We had been running errands most of the morning.)

So Jayna and I sketched a bit. She painted a favorite butterfly from her folding field guide.
And I drew a dragonfly from a photo online.




As a small child, my favorite movie was Sleeping Beauty. I especially loved when Aurora lived in a wee cottage in the woods, with birds, flowers, and wild animals. Now I find myself living in similar surroundings.

We even have our own wee dragons --- swarming clouds of lovely red dragonflies have been visiting the yard this week.

2 comments:

  1. Your red dragon is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I think God had fun creating these lovely creatures!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...