02 January 2012

last sketch of the year . . .

. . . and the last in this sketchbook. Time to choose a new sketchbook (or maybe two). I greeted the new year with a horrid head cold, so I haven't chosen yet.

I am secretary / treasurer of a small church, an unpaid position. But every year they gift me with a bonus check. This year, I had fun spending some of it on this book and a few tubes of paint.

I learned of Thomas Paquette's small gouache paintings through a post of Roz Stendahl's. One of my "goals" this new year is to learn to use gouache better; this book inspires me! I also bought some DVDs from Sandy Williams on painting botanicals and animals in gouache. So after I get over this cold, I'm going to have some fun!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely drawing and good luck with the new sketchbook and supplies. Hope your feeling better

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...