22 October 2010

Friday morning . . .

. . . and a few things I picked up.

It's hard to believe these are the first Autumn leaves I've sketched this year. Leaves changing colors is my favorite part of the season.

While watering some freshly planted shrubs, I noticed more rogue morning glories intertwined among the perennials. They certainly have been persistent, given that it's now been 3 years since I planted some in window boxes. Seeds fell to the ground and they've been popping up ever since.

3 comments:

  1. Vicky this is a beautiful page - I love the colors that you've captured along with all of the shadowing.

    I've missed commenting on your pages recently - but I've certainly enjoyed peeking at them from time to time. I'm so impressed at all that you're able to do!!

    (P.S. Remember me with the 'navy' connection?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Claire! Lately I find myself peeking at lots of blogs but not commenting . . . gives me more time to sketch!

    (Of course I remember you, silly! And aren't thoughtful sons the greatest? Love the care package.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. C'est magnifique, ses feuilles sont des merveilles de la nature et si joliment peintes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...