24 July 2010

new handbound journal

As I stood on the sidewalk sketching this flower shop - turned - house, the sweetest little tortoise-shell cat came to greet me, then sit and watch. But when another early morning walker came by, she was up and chasing after him.

I don't understand why the owners of two huge pear trees one block from this house just let the pears rot on the tree every year. They own a local health food store; one would think they would value fruit fresh off the tree. Neighborhood kids use the pears for ammunition . . . even when they get soft.


On the first page of every new sketch journal, I include my palette. Sometimes sketching an actual palette, sometimes just the colors I'm currently using. Always subject to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...